Mike Angel provides outsourced interim and fractional CFO services, bringing a deep understanding of finance and business, with 35 years of experience in senior financial and operational positions.
Mike has been a CFO for 20 years. He has been the CFO of a number of early-stage technology businesses and has also been the CFO of 4 publicly held companies. Prior to becoming a CFO, he held several senior financial and planning positions with National Semiconductor, including being the finance leader of its Analog Products Group, WW Manufacturing Group, and SEC Reporting – GAAP Technical Team. He was also the VP and WW Controller of Hitachi Data Systems, which was a multi-national JV between Hitachi and EDS focused on computing, software, and services.
He started his career in public accounting and was a Senior Audit Manager in the Silicon Valley Technology Practice of Price Waterhouse, with many early-stage and public company clients. His support to clients included an IPO by a major software company, performing the financial due diligence for several high-profile acquisitions, and assisting in client performance improvement restructure activities.
Among his accomplishments:
- Planning: Used success and performance models to achieve substantial margin improvements
- Cash: Brought clarity and concrete actions to cash management and required financings
- Financings: Significant number of financings completed – equity and debt
- M&A: Key role in 15+ strategic acquisitions (buy & sell), including 2 public to public S4 exits
- Due Diligence/ Quality of Earnings: In-depth analysis for Boards, Investors, Management
- Processes: Implemented “stage appropriate” process improvements; conversions to paperless
- Controls: Passed SOX control requirements in each public company as a CFO
- Audits: Completion of audits timely and without auditor proposed adjustments
- International: Had direct financial responsibility over subsidiaries and JVs in 20+ countries
- CEO & Board: Key Partner/ Advisor to CEO and Team; Preparing credible Board presentations