Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
We are a remote-first company with over 150 incredible team members, more than 600 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
In the case where there is no consulting CFO, the FP&A analyst may prepare a financial model for the client. Whether there is or is not a Burkland consulting CFO, using Excel, Google Sheets and/or QBO, you may help prepare budgets, perform variance analysis and reporting, produce financial forecasts, and develop and maintain key metrics and dashboards. You will also create SaaS, Fintech, Consumer, and Healthcare financial model templates. You may also assist on internal Burkland FP&A work.
- You love numbers. Both the precision around them and the ambiguities which are part of finance for start-ups.
- You are visual. You can see trends in numbers. And can create charts and graphs to illustrate them.
- Though you are a ‘numbers’ person, you also have excellent oral and written communication skills as you may be presenting information to company management, Boards of Directors, and investors.
- You can finesse and sort through loads of data, with the ability to take a giant step back and analyze the financial results from a bird’s eye view for accuracy, reasonableness, and implications drawn from financial data.
- You are a juggler, metaphorically speaking. You will likely be working with multiple clients and multiple tasks for a given client.
- You don’t have an ego. You see input from others as a way to improve. You appreciate feedback.
- You don’t get your feathers ruffled easily. You are confident and polite in everything you do. You execute, communicate, and collaborate. If someone is upset, you can honestly say that is OK because you did the best you could.
- You are continually finding ways to improve our existing methods.
- You reflect the Burkland core values of Exponential Value, Empathy, Fresh Perspectives, and Trusted Partner.
- You are highly proficient in Excel and Google Sheets. Pivot tables, conditional formulas, import range, and of course, charts and graphs.
- You are a pro with Quickbooks Online. Tell us what else you know … Jirav, OnPlan, AnaPlan, Adaptive Insights. Experience with Netsuite and ERP systems is valuable. Proficiency with SQL is a big plus.
- Start-up or young company experience is a plus, as is consulting experience, but not a requirement.
- You have 3+ years experience in this role.
- You have experience identifying and implementing KPIs to ensure the business is performing optimally
- Ability to automate new and existing processes, ensuring stakeholders are informed continuously
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.