Important Resources to Help Startups Understand the CARES Act
There is a tremendous amount of information available on the CARES Act and related topics, although some are dated, incorrect or based on conjecture. Below are resources that we have found useful in preparing the Burkland COVID-19 Resource Center.
Extremely Valuable - Start Here
Start here for more research on your own:
- Angel Capital Association - The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Small Business Investor Alliance - Summary of the CARES Act
- Gibson Dunn - Paycheck Program Summary
- McAfee Taft - SBA Loans and Related Relief
- Locke Lord - COVID-19 Resource Center
- Fenwick - CARES Act: What the Paycheck Protection Program Means for Startups
- Skadden, Arps - CARES Act Provides Stimulus for U.S. Businesses, Individuals
- Cooley - SBA Programs Under the CARES Act: Are you Eligible?
- Deloitte - Tax Policy Updates
- Withum - COVID Resource Center
- O’Connor Davies - Resource Center
- BDO - Preparing for the Business Impacts of COVID-19
- Thread - Webinars: COVID19 and the Workplace
- JustWorks - Your Guide to Navigating COVID-19
- Mintz - Insights Center
- NVCA - Coronavirus Information and Resources for VCs and Startups
- Insight Capital - COVID-19 Blogs & Videos
- Multifunding - FAQs, Webinars, State-by-State Financial Relief Links
- Duke University-Fuqua - CASE COVID19 Dashboard. Grants, loans, and other cash equivalents for entrepreneurs, non-profits and businesses around the world. Searchable by national/global/local etc.
- IRS - Coronavirus Tax Relief
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Small Business Administration
Banks and Lenders
Right now, we know of no banks that are taking applications for PPP. They are currently working with the SBA to put together the applications and process. We are currently hearing they will be ready around April 13. We believe all SBA lenders will ultimately participate in the program, including large banks like Wells Fargo, Chase, Citibank, US Bank, etc. We will update the list for ones that our startups typically work with as soon as we have more info. In the meantime, below is a list of lenders that we are aware are participating in the PPP loan program.
Burkland offers expert CFO services, accounting services, and tax services to startups across the USA. Please reach out to us to learn more about what we can do for you, or if you have questions about federal, state and local resources available in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.