Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
We are a remote-first company with over 200 incredible team members, more than 700 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
We are looking for a dynamic + strategic teammate at Burkland. If you have experience with implementing a Practice Management System in a Service Company Environment (preferably an Accounting Firm), this position is a wonderful fit for you!
Practice Management System
The Technical Lead position is a hands-on role, responsible for working hand in hand with the Service Delivery Lead and a third-party implementation team to implement a Practice Management System for Burkland. The Technical Lead will focus on the technical aspects of the implementation, while the Service Delivery Lead will focus on the processes, procedure, and project management aspects of the implementation.
Once Implementation is complete, the Technical Lead will work hand in hand with the Service Delivery Leads of each team (CFO / Accounting / People Partners and Tax) to maintain compliance with the system and work on system enhancements and issues.
AI and Other Emerging Technologies
The Technical Lead will also be responsible for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies (including AI) and selecting the ones that will produce efficiency gains for our organization. The Technology Lead will lead the efforts towards implementing these technologies and ensuring that they are integrated into our existing processes/systems seamlessly.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging software/technologies, particularly those related to AI, and identify which ones will be most beneficial to our organization.
- Research and review new software to determine its potential for implementation and scalability. Focused areas will include Accounting Systems, Bill Pay Systems, Expense Reporting Systems, and FP&A tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, service delivery, and business development, to identify opportunities for improving processes through technology.
- Develop and implement best practices for technology implementation and management.
- Work closely with API developers to understand how APIs work and ensure that APIs are effectively integrated into our technology solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the technology team, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The Role will also have secondary duties around internal laptop/device management and granting and removing access to systems for new hires/terminations.
Your Typical, Atypical, Day
- This role has variety at its core. From internal planning meetings to behind-the-scenes implementation work, no day will be a typical day (hence the typical, atypical day).
- You will be leading a large implementation of a Practice Management System from a Technical Perspective that will affect all team members in the organization (200+ team members / 700+ clients). So, there will be a lot of work to be done!
- You will be working in a fully remote capacity! So, whether you’re in pajama pants and a button-down or taking calls at the coffee shop down the street, you design where and how you work each day.
- You’ll be working with a variety of stakeholders at the Company, so the ability to context shift, communicate, prioritize, and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You’ll be working with all 200+ team members and maintaining compliance with the system, so you should have a background in management.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help build out robust processes along with this implementation.
- You are naturally curious, a problem-solver. You’re someone who likes to learn and is eager to take on new challenges, especially when it comes to cutting-edge technology and emerging industries.
- You are a communicator at your core.
- Project management skills are a must
- You lead with integrity in all that you say and do.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you have worked in a startup environment, that’s a huge plus!
- You take the initiative and jump at the opportunity to explore new ways of doing things.
- You take an acutely accurate approach to your work and look forward to the parts of your job that require analytical thinking.
- You are an expert collaborator! You ask for and give feedback regularly.
- You enjoy working with others and are excited to operate as a team.
- You know and love technology. You possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of systems + tools and quickly learn how to navigate through new ones.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, accounting, finance, or something similar, and over 10 years of progressive experience, preferably in a startup environment.
- You should feel comfortable with implementation-type work and interacting with stakeholders/executives daily.
- Implementation and management.
- Experience using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate meetings
- G-Suite knowledge
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach, if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Burkland Associates is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Burkland Associates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit our careers page https://burklandassociates.com/careers/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.