We are looking for a Remote Technical Accounting + Client Manager at Burkland Associates. In this role, you will be both behind the scenes and in the spotlight. This is a great role for anyone wanting flexibility, autonomy, and variety.
- Due Diligence, ASC606, equity, GAAP compliance support
- Audit preparation support
- Provide support to Controller and/or CFO on overall financial oversight and monitoring, including weekly cash flow forecasting, monthly financial close, and annual budgeting process.
- Manage all accounting operations, including invoicing, A/R, A/P, general ledger and project accounting.
- Manage month-end and year-end financial close process.
- Monitor the financial performance of clients. Prepare timely monthly reporting, including financial statements, project profitability, and team utilization.
- Evaluate variances in business results against plan/targets and provide business insights to help drive management decisions.
- Manage cash and required draws online of credit.
- Oversee accounting processes and systems to improve controls and drive efficiency. Optimize existing financial systems (QuickBooks Online, Bill.com and Expensify) and/or adopt new financial systems as appropriate. Ensure all accounting processes and policies are well-documented.
- Manage relationships with bank, tax accountant, and corporate insurance providers.
- Manage, oversee, and execute administrative and operational functions.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about all things accounting. It’s the cornerstone of the role, so you gotta know it and love it!
- You are a communicator! Excellent written and verbal communication is crucial in this role since you’ll be interfacing with our clients (i.e., you should feel comfortable communicating with members of the executive team).
- You thrive in fast-paced, changing environments.
- You are a self-starter, you don’t need someone looking over your shoulder to get your work done, and you know how to manage your time effectively.
- Software, software, software- you feel comfortable learning new software and cloud-based systems.
- Audit Experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ small company experience handling finance and accounting.
- Previous experience overseeing human resources, payroll, IT, and/or legal preferred.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, expert-level Excel and QuickBooks skills, and the capacity to quickly learn and master new software.
- Analytical and detail-oriented, and also has a strategic mindset
- Excellent people skills, including an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and autonomy in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Capacity to juggle competing priorities and deadlines; organized and efficient