We have a great opportunity at Burkland Associates and we’re excited to meet our future client-facing Accounting + Client Manager with a background in inventory accounting!
Burkland helps early growth companies with all their Finance and People needs. At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose: to Accelerate Dreams. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
We are a remote-first company with over 150 incredible team members, over 500 clients, and a deep commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
- You are a communicator. Impeccable written and verbal communication is critical since this is the cornerstone of the role.
- You are obsessively detail-oriented and take pride in executing flawless work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You like being busy and are an expert at prioritizing because you’re accustomed to being pulled in a million different directions at once. If you have startup experience, that’s a huge plus!
- You’re a self-starter, you don’t need someone looking over your shoulder to get your work done, and know how to manage your time effectively.
- You are an expert collaborator. You ask for and give feedback regularly. You enjoy working with others and are excited to operate as a team.
- You know and love technology. You possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of software and enjoy learning how to navigate through new software.
- You’re pals with GAAP.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or something similar, and around 6 years of experience, preferably in a startup environment.
- You know inventory/purchasing software inside and out, and have experience integrating these systems with Quickbooks/Netsuite.
About the Role
- This role is designed to support our startup clients who need accounting + bookkeeping help but may not have a need for an internal team at their growth stage (usually we work with Seed through Series C clients).
- We are a remote-first company so this is a fully remote role.
- This role has variety at its core. From facilitating client meetings to reconciling accounts, no day will be a “typical day”.
- You’ll be working with a variety of clients, the ability to context shift, communicate, prioritize and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You’ll be managing the entire accounting function for our clients, so you’ll want to have a background in management – whether that’s a function or a team, or both!
- You’ll have the opportunity to build out robust accounting processes and systems for our clients. So understanding + embracing the agile and scrappy nature of startups is pretty much a must.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities are all things accounting + client management. For example, you should be able to work through client requests involving repaid revenue/deferred revenue + revenue recognition, inventory and purchase orders, prepaid expenses, payment processing systems (like Stripe), creating and managing monthly close lists, producing tax ready end of year reports, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, producing financial reports, and GL account reconciliations.
- You’ll be working with software on a daily basis, so you’ll have a strong working knowledge of Quickbooks online, Bill.com, Expensify + Concur. You’ll also be using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate client meetings.
- You will have the opportunity to build out robust accounting processes and systems for our clients. So understanding + embracing the agile and scrappy nature of startups is a super plus.
- Strong working knowledge of software is key in this role! On a daily basis, you’ll be using Quickbooks online, Bill.com, Expensify + Concur. You’ll also be using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate client meetings.
- Additional responsibilities can include inventory software implementations and integrations.
- Having fun, of course! We look forward to hearing from you.