When a venture capital-backed, early-stage startup chooses Burkland Associates, they are paired with some of the industry’s best and most experienced People, Finance, Accounting, and Tax talent advisors to help them strategize and grow their companies. Founded in 2010, Burkland Associates has over 75 partnerships with top Venture Capital firms, Private Equity firms, and Solutions Partners who have helped us grow our national client base to over 650 companies.
Burkland is looking for experienced Recruiters to architect and pioneer high-performing, and engaging Talent programs for our clients while building Burkland Associate’s new People Operations Practice.
As a Recruiter Consultant, you will work with Burkland Associates’ venture capital-backed, early-stage startups as an extension of their team, hardening their recruiting and interviewing processes, and hiring amazing candidates who will help their company reach critical business goals.
Your role will include full-cycle recruiting and advising clients on their recruiting strategy including recruiting stack (ATS, sourcing, referral, tools), workflows, talent campaign strategy, interviewing best practices, and more!
- You have hired all critical roles for early-stage technology startups with wild success
- You are a seasoned pro at sourcing passive talent using LinkedIn Recruiter, Hiretual, Seekout and other passive search tools
- You run a full-cycle recruiting desk and are big on adhering to workflows and processes
- You love writing and storytelling
- You are a phenomenal listener and are great at peeling the proverbial onion
- You’ve worked in at least one of not all ATSs; Ashby, Breezy, Lever or Greenhouse
- You approach recruiting with an operational mindset
- You are proactive and metrics-driven
About What You’ll Work On
- Partner with our Client’s founders and hiring managers to understand their hiring requirements of the roles and develop unique full-cycle hiring strategies and interview criteria for each position.
- Design and develop recruiting infrastructures to scale companies as small as two co-founders to 200 in one year ensuring they are compliant and support DEIB initiatives.
- Create hiring plans and set aggressive hiring targets and KPIs that focus on all stages of the funnel
- Build forecasts, reporting meaningful metrics that accurately predict when positions will be filled and new hires will onboard that are presented to the client
- Build talent pipelines for multiple requisitions at any given time
- Interview candidates and set expectations with the candidates and the interviewers.
- Work with Field Chief People Ops to identify and refine the company’s talent brand, talent marketing strategy, and recruiting strategy
- Post to niche job boards to attract active candidates
- Understand the market to run targeted search campaigns
- Run nurture campaign and engage with passive candidates
- Review recruiting technology to build the client’s recruiting stack, designed to ferret out the best passive talent
- Have fun while making our clients wildly successful.
- Recruiting experience with a search firm (RPO preferred) or as a member of an in-house recruiting team that has built a recruiting foundation and scaled it to hyper-growth
- Experience building highly scalable systems from the ground floor up
- Experience achieving goals in a low structure, fast-paced environment
- Experience building diverse pipelines
- Experience standing Ashby and Breezy up preferred
- Experience using a variety of SMB recruiting tools
- A huge propensity to learn
- Available 20+ hours a week to work on Burkland client projects