When a venture capital-backed, early-stage startup chooses Burkland Associates, they are paired with some of the industry’s best and most experienced People, Finance, Accounting, and Tax talent advisors to help them strategize and grow their companies. Founded in 2010, Burkland Associates has over 50 partnerships with top Venture Capital firms, Private Equity firms, and Solutions Partners who have helped us grow our national client base to over 650 companies.
People Operations Consultant
Burkland Associates is looking for an experienced People Ops Consultant to help our very early-stage clients put a personalized HR solution in place to help them scale quickly. This is an ideal role for an HR consultant who enjoys working closely with high-growth, early-stage startup CEOs and Founders.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a strategic partner to members of the client’s Executive Team providing experience, insight, innovative ideas, and data-driven solutions on critical HR issues including People, Talent, Culture, and Communication.
- Help clients select benefits or a PEO, assist with payroll and benefits set up.
- Develop offer letters and onboard new employees.
- Create or update company handbooks to reflect Federal, State, and Local policies.
- Review employee classification and audit job descriptions to be inclusive as well as EEO/ AA compliant.
- Create DEIB awareness and help clients stay compliant by providing sexual harassment & discrimination training options.
- Analyze compensation packages against competitive market averages and assist with compensation and equity banding.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or equivalent is required.
- Available 10-20 hours a week to consult and committed to completing projects.
- Experience working as an HR consultant and comfortable tracking and billing time.
- Dexterity to juggle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines at a time in an organized and timely fashion.
- Clear and inspiring communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence people at all levels both internally and externally.
- The instinct to establish priorities and meet deadlines both within and outside your direct control of influence.
- Aptitude to evaluate and implement new technologies and nimbleness to easily adapt to client’s Business stack and People Ops stack.