We are looking for a dynamic + strategic teammate with experience in Enterprise Software-As-A-Service. If you have experience as an Enterprise SaaS CFO and a passion for helping venture-backed startups succeed, Burkland is a wonderful fit for you!
Your Typical, Atypical, Day
- This role has variety at its core. From presenting at investor meetings to building financial models for clients, no day will be a “typical day” (hence the typical, atypical day).
- You will be supporting our startup clients who need high-level Finance help but may not have a need for an internal CFO at their growth stage (we typically work with Seed through Series C clients).
- You will be working in a fully remote capacity! You design where and how you work each day.
- You will be working with a variety of clients, so the ability to context shift, communicate, prioritize and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You will be managing the entire Finance function for your clients, so you’ll want to be comfortable managing a team.
- You will have the opportunity to build out robust processes and systems for our clients. So understanding + embracing the agile and scrappy nature of startups is a must.
- You will collaborate with the Marketing team to author blog posts, engage with the Business Development team in closing client business and work with our Knowledge Share Lead in creating and delivering knowledge-based presentations with the broader CFO team.
- You are naturally curious. You ask meaningful, thoughtful questions, listen carefully, and are eager to begin the problem-solving process once you have the information you need.
- You love to learn and grow and embrace the part of the growth process that requires you to take on new challenges.
- You are a communicator at your core. Impeccable written and verbal communication is critical since this is a cornerstone of the role.
- You lead with integrity in all that you say and do.
- You take the initiative and jump at the opportunity to explore new ways of doing things.
- You take an acutely accurate approach to your work and look forward to the parts of your job that require analytical thinking and planning ahead.
- You are an expert collaborator! You ask for and give feedback regularly.
- You enjoy working with others and are excited to operate as a team.
- You know and love technology. You possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of systems + tools and quickly learn how to navigate through new ones.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred, and over 5 years of experience in a high-level Finance role.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have experience with and a passion for working with rapidly growing startups and their founders.
- A love for all things high-level Finance. For example, you should be able to work through the following:
- Leading client fundraising efforts – evaluating the size of the round, model cap table scenarios/dilution, assisting with pitch deck preparation, facilitating investor introductions, and participating in investor pitches.
- Designing the Finance function from the ground up. This includes building out team structures, implementing systems, and developing processes.
- Driving comprehensive reporting of financial performance, metrics, and KPIs.
- Strong finance-based analytical skills.
- The ability to seamlessly juggle hard-hitting CFO deliverables while building strong client relationships.
- Solid working knowledge of systems is key in this role. You’ll be using Excel/Google Sheets, Carta, QBO, etc. You’ll also be using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate client meetings.
- Expertise managing various types of revenue streams, contracts, and bookings
- Knowledge applying revenue recognition standards to enterprise SaaS
- Deep understanding of the cost of services for subscription enterprise software
- Ability to construct SaaS metrics (retention, lifetime value, acquisition cost, etc)
- Conceptual and modeling knowledge of churn, virality, and organic/paid growth
Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
Founded in 2010, Burkland has over 75 partnerships with top Venture Capital firms, Private Equity firms, and Solutions Partners who have helped us grow our national client base to over 650 companies.
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach, if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.