We are looking for a dynamic + strategic teammate with experience in cryptocurrency, blockchain and NFTs. If you have worked in a senior finance role for a crypto, blockchain or NFT company and you have a passion for helping cool startups succeed, we’d like to talk!
Working largely independently, apply knowledge, experience, insight, and competence to partner strategically with crypto, blockchain and NFT clients on forward-looking finance. In this role, you help bridge the gap between legacy financial thinking and new blockchain-based ecosystems, functions and capital flows. In this process, you will become a trusted ally to multiple clients through intelligent, accurate work, thought leadership, and effective communication. Better yet, you’ll work on some of the most cutting-edge topics in finance.
Your Typical/Atypical Day
This role has variety at its core. From presenting at investor meetings to building financial models for clients, no day will be a “typical day” (hence the typical, atypical day).
- You will be supporting our startup clients who need high-level finance help but may not have a need for a full-time internal CFO at their current stage.
- You will be working in a fully remote capacity! You design where and how you work each day.
- You will be working with a variety of clients, so the ability to context shift, communicate, prioritize and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You will be managing the entire Finance function for your clients, so you’ll want to be comfortable managing a team.
- You will have the opportunity to build out robust processes and systems for our clients. So understanding + embracing the agile and scrappy nature of a startup is a must.
- You understand crypto, including the current financial, regulatory & tax landscape, and are passably familiar with the jurisdictional complexities of organizations in this space.
- You get things done, are relatively comfortable with crypto’s inherent rate of change, and are familiar with the liquidity management challenges and banking nuances of this sector.
- You have experience working with crypto exchanges and wallets, and can bridge their activity to financial statements.
- You can lead client fundraising efforts – evaluating the size of a fundraising round, model cap table scenarios/dilution, assist with pitch deck preparation, facilitate investor introductions, and participate in investor pitches. You know what a SAFT is and understand token economics, Web3 & DeFi.
- You can design the Finance function from the ground up. This includes building out team structures, implementing systems, and developing processes.
- You can drive comprehensive reporting of financial performance, metrics, and KPIs.
- You have strong finance-based modeling & analytical skills.
- You can seamlessly juggle hard-hitting CFO deliverables while building strong client relationships.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets, Carta, QBO, etc. You’re comfortable using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate client meetings.
- Experience with crypto-specific platforms and systems like Etherscan, Opensea, Bitwave, Gilded etc. a plus.
- You have expertise managing various types of crypto assets & revenue streams, including fiat, tokens, and NFTs – and the staking implications that come with them.
Example of Responsibilities
- Create and present financial strategy recommendations to CEO
- Support the financial planning and analysis efforts, including scenario planning, burn rate, and budgets.
- Oversee cash flow, working capital, and treasury
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Ensure legal compliance on all financial functions
- Manage relationships with banks & exchanges
- Manage the cap table and relationships with investors
- You are naturally curious. You ask meaningful, thoughtful questions, listen carefully, and are eager to begin the problem-solving process once you have the information you need.
- You love to learn and grow and embrace the part of the growth process that requires you to take on new challenges.
- You are a communicator at your core. Impeccable written and verbal communication is a cornerstone of this role.
- You lead with integrity in all that you say and do.
- You take initiative and jump at the opportunity to explore new ways of doing things.
- You take an acutely accurate approach to your work and look forward to the parts of your job that require analytical thinking and planning ahead.
- You are an expert collaborator! You ask for and give feedback regularly.
- You enjoy working with others and are excited to operate as a team.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, MBA preferred, and over 5 years of experience in a high-level Finance role.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have experience with, and a passion for working alongside, rapidly growing startups and their founders.
- Experience in a finance-related role for crypto, blockchain or NFT companies preferred.
We are a remote-first company with over 150+ incredible team members, more than 500 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach, if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you!