Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
We are a remote-first company with over 150 incredible team members, more than 600 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
We are looking for a dynamic + strategic teammate at Burkland. If you have a background in NetSuite Implementations and a passion for helping venture-backed startups succeed, Burkland is a wonderful fit for you!
The NetSuite Implementation Specialist position is a hands-on role, responsible for implementation and conversion services to NetSuite ERP – including mapping out needs and choosing the correct version. Training is available for more advanced installations and conversions through our partnership with NetSuite.
Your Typical, Atypical, Day
- This role has variety at its core. From client meetings to behind-the-scenes implementation work, no day will be a typical day (hence the typical, atypical day).
- You will be supporting our startup clients who need implementations and conversions to an ERP system to meet their growing needs (we usually work with Seed through Series C clients). So, there is always a lot of work to be done!
- You will be working in a fully remote capacity! So, whether you’re in pajama pants and a button-down, or taking calls at the coffee shop down the street, you design where and how you work each day.
- You’ll be working with a variety of clients, so the ability to context shift, communicate, prioritize and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You’ll be managing accountants and processes for our clients and possibly internally to Burkland, too, so you’ll want to have a background in management.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build out robust processes along with these implementations for our clients. So understanding + embracing the agile and scrappy nature of startups is pretty much a must.
- You are naturally curious and a problem-solver. You’re someone who likes to learn and is eager to take on new challenges, especially when it comes to cutting-edge technology and emerging industries.
- You are a communicator at your core. Bonus points if you have customer or client service experience, this is a cornerstone of the role.
- Project management skills are a must
- You lead with integrity in all that you say and do.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you have startup experience, that’s a huge plus!
- You take the initiative and jump at the opportunity to explore new ways of doing things.
- You take an acutely accurate approach to your work and look forward to the parts of your job that require analytical thinking.
- You are an expert collaborator! You ask for and give feedback regularly.
- You enjoy working with others and are excited to operate as a team.
- You know and love technology. You possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of systems + tools and quickly learn how to navigate through new ones.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, accounting, finance, or something similar, and 5-8 years of progressive experience, preferably in a startup environment.
- You should feel comfortable with implementation-type work and interacting with clients daily.
- You should be able to work through client requests involving:
- Inventory implementation and management
- Inventory/purchasing software and the ability to sync with QuickBooks/NetSuite
- Project management
- Strong working knowledge of software is key in this role. On a daily basis, you’ll be using the entire G-Suite, QuickBooks online, integrating tools into NetSuite such as Bill.com, Ramp, and Expensify. You’ll also be using Zoom and other video conferencing tools to facilitate client meetings.
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.