Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees
We are a remote-first company with over 170 incredible team members, over 700 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
In this fully remote role, you’ll be supporting venture-backed healthcare startups in the biotech, medical device, or telehealth sector. You’ll work on a variety of tasks, from facilitating client meetings to reconciling accounts, and everything in between. No two days will be the same, and that’s what makes this role exciting. You’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere, choose your work location each day, and take video calls over Zoom, Meet, and other video conferencing tools.
A Day in the Life
In this role, you’ll gain a solid understanding of agile and scrappy startup processes and systems, and you’ll have the opportunity to help build robust accounting processes for our clients. You’ll also use your strong finance-based analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and accounting knowledge to work through client requests. You’ll be using a variety of software on a daily basis, including the entire G-Suite, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, Concur, and Zoom.
Who You Are
You’re the perfect fit for us if you have:
- A degree or certification in business, accounting, finance, or something similar, or over 3 years of current experience in the field.
- Passionate about helping startups succeed.
- You’re naturally curious, a problem-solver, and eager to learn.
- You’re an expert communicator, and if you have customer or client service experience, that’s a bonus!
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, and if you have startup experience, that’s a huge plus.
- You take initiative, explore new ways of doing things, and collaborate well with others.
- Strong working knowledge of software is key in this role. On a daily basis, you’ll be using the entire G-Suite, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify + Concur.
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Burkland Associates is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Burkland Associates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit our careers page https://burklandassociates.com/careers/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range target for the role described in this job description is $75,000 – $85,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition, full-time regular positions are eligible for 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time employees.