Burkland’s core purpose is to Accelerate Dreams. So often, turning dreams into reality helps change the world. We thrive at the forefront of this transformation. Startups desire our professionals — they are the best in the business. Startups seek our content — we are an industry thought leader. Startups trust our expertise, so founders can focus on their companies, products, and value-add. As a part of our demonstrated value, our clients raised over $1B just last year.
At Burkland, we lead with our Core Purpose. We do this for both our clients and our employees. We believe that leaning on our Core Values (Fresh Perspectives, Exponential Value, Empathy, Trusted Partner) will lead to happy clients and happy employees.
We are a remote-first company with over 170 incredible team members, more than 650 clients, and a commitment to Accelerating Dreams.
This role is designed to provide our clients with accounting support related to the Clean Energy Technology sector. This will be a client-facing role that involves performing the accounting work, meeting with the client and their team, and working with the Burkland Service Teams to resource additional services. This is a fully remote role.
Your Typical, Atypical, Day
- You will be working with various clients in various Clean Energy, Sustainability, Renewables, and Energy-Efficiency Technology sectors.
- The ability to communicate, prioritize, and evaluate needs is the most important thing you’ll be doing in this role.
- You will be managing the components of the accounting function for our clients, depending on the needs of the client.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and build out accounting processes and systems for our clients.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities are all things accounting and client management. You will be working through activities, such as Accounts Payable processes, Accounts Receivable invoicing and follow-up, Payroll recording and reconciliations,
- Payment processing systems integrations, creating and managing Month End Close Checklists and Reconciliations,
- Producing Financial statements, Preparing Tax-Ready reports for the Tax Team at Year End, and more…
- Strong working knowledge of software is vital in this role! On a daily basis, you’ll be using Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, and other bill payment platforms.
- Having fun, of course!
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance.
- 6 years of experience in accounting, including experience that encompasses fast-growth tech start-ups or scale-ups.
- You are a strong communicator, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in executing flawless work.
- You desire to exceed customer needs and response time.
- You are an expert collaborator and enjoy working with others.
- You possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of software and enjoy learning how to navigate through new software.
- You are very familiar with GAAP.
- You want to be a champion for Clean Energy and support organizations that are committed to improving the world we live in.
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedule to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance to support you when you need it the most.
- Flexible PTO – Take time off from work when you need it.
- 401k with a company match to ensure you are ready for retirement.
- A generous home office expense reimbursement so you have the office you need to be productive.
- Forget the commute! We’re a remote-first workplace, so you can work from your home office or from the beach if you’d like!
- We offer a collaborative, communicative culture, driven by our Core Purpose + Values. We work with incredibly smart people who love to learn and share what they know. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Burkland Associates is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Burkland Associates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please visit our careers page https://burklandassociates.com/careers/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range target for the role described in this job description is $75,000 – $85,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition, full-time regular positions are eligible for 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time employees.