Burkland is a thriving CFO services and accounting services practice. We serve over 200 startup clients across the USA. Our team is talented, action-oriented, fun-loving and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Burkland is looking for an Inventory Controller to join our growing team!
The Inventory Controller position is a hands-on role, responsible for implementing inventory systems for our clients - including mapping out needs, choosing a system, setting up and implementing the system. The position also includes Controller and accounting functions with our clients - full-cycle month-end close, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, tax compliance, managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting, managing the organization's cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. Experience with developing and establishing policies and procedures within a corporation is highly preferred. The ideal candidate has worked at or with early-stage start-ups.
- Inventory Systems Setup, Integration and Implementation
- A/R, A/P, Payroll
- Produce monthly financial statements and budget vs actual analysis
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting for clients
- Act as a client liaison
- Inventory implementation and management
- Strong understanding of inventory/purchasing software and the ability to sync with Quickbooks/Netsuite
- Solid understanding of GAAP, CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Independent judgment and decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities at a time
- Passionate desire to learn & for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology, or professional services environment
- High integrity
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service
- Strong ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in Burkland’s growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups and early-stage growth companies
Burkland is a full-service finance and accounting consulting firm. We provide our emerging growth clients with CFO, accounting, and finance services across industries and at all stages growth. At Burkland, we work with some of the most exciting emerging companies backed by leading venture capital firms. Working with Burkland means working with these exciting companies within a team that has extensive experience with venture-backed companies and deep finance and accounting expertise. We are excited by the accounting, finance and business challenges inherent in working across many different companies, which provide our team members with excellent opportunities for learning and growing.