Burkland is a thriving CFO services and accounting services practice. We serve over 250 startup clients across the USA. Our team is talented, action-oriented, fun-loving and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for multifaceted Account Managers at Burkland. In this role, you will be both behind the scenes and in the spotlight, as it combines general bookkeeping work with ongoing communication with clients. This is a great role for anyone wanting flexibility, autonomy and variety.
- You're passionate and knowledgeable about all things Accounting/Finance. It's the cornerstone of the role, so you gotta know it and love it!
- You are a communicator! Excellent written and verbal communication is crucial in this role since you'll be interfacing with our clients (i.e. you should feel comfortable communicating with members of the executive team).
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environments.
- You're a self-starter, don't need someone looking over your shoulder to get your work done, and know how to manage your time effectively.
- You have a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Software, software, software- you feel comfortable learning new software and cloud based systems.
- You have at least six years of current accounting related experience.
About The Account Manager Role
This Account Manager position will start part-time as an independent contractor, but we hope to quickly grow this position to a full time role for the right person. Ideally, you will also grow to oversee and manage the work of other bookkeepers.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our clients are thrilled with our work by providing outstanding service and maintaining accurate financial statements.
This is primarily a remote role, but with occasional on-site meetings.
- A strong working knowledge of Quickbooks online, Bill.com and Expensify. Also, you should be able to implement and integrate these systems with each other and other third party applications. Experience with Netsuite and Intaact is a plus!
- Understanding of Pre-Payments and Revenue Recognition.
- Experience managing a bookkeeping/accounting function. If you have experience managing other employees, that's a plus.
- Ability to build out accounting processes and systems, so previous startup experience or a strong understanding of the startup environment is a plus.
- Experience creating and managing monthly close lists, producing tax ready end of year reports, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, producing financial reports.
- A general working knowledge of inventory and purchase orders, prepaid revenue, stripe and other payment processing systems.